Natures Multipurpose Wonder …Argan Oil
Ever since I went to Morocco last Summer I can’t get enough of argan oil. It has been dubbed ‘miracle oil’ by beauty insiders because of its unparalleled moisturising properties. Celebrity fans include Eva Mendes, who credits argan oil as the secret to her flawless skin.
Consistency: Argan oil is a very lightweight and runny, which makes it easy to spread and control. It is considered a dry oil which means it is not greasy or sticky, and absorbs into the skin quickly.
Application: You will never need more than a few drops of argan oil at any one time. Warm of the drops of oil in the palms of your hand and then apply to the desired area.
Moisturiser: Nothing I have ever used can compare to argan oil’s moisturising properties. Its effects can be seen almost instantly after application, making your skin soft and glowy.
Argan oil can be used on the face, body, hair and nails. It is packed with Vitamin E and fatty acids, which penetrate your skin making it one of nature’s most effective moisturisers.
Tip: Add a few drops of argan oil to your body lotion for added moisture and a golden glow.
Uses: Below are some other ways argan oil’s moisturizing abilities can be put to good use.
1. Lip balm – Apply 1 to 2 drops to your lips in the morning and before you sleep for soft supple lips.
2. Split end sealant – Apply a few drops to the ends of your hair sparingly. This will help to moisturise and strengthen split ends in between trims.
3. Deep hair conditioner – Argan oil is a miracle worker for dry and damaged hair. Continuous use will help strengthen your hair, leaving it more shiny and manageable.
Massage a generous amount of argan oil into your hair, working it from your scalp through to your ends.
4. Fade acne scars and stretch marks – The Vitamin E in argan oil helps to remove damaged cells causing discolorations, and encourages new cells to grow.
5. Anti- frizz/leave in conditioner – After your hair as tried, apply 1-2 drops of oil to your hair to tame frizz and strengthen your hair.
Warning: Anything more than a few drops will leave your hair looking lank and greasy.
5.Anti aging – Argan oil is rich in antioxidants which has the ability to repair the signs of ageing.
6. Pure argan oil has anti-inflammatory properties and does not contain any addictives or preservatives that irritate your skin. This makes it gentle enough to be used on dry skin conditions like eczema and psoriasis.
Price: All good quality brands of argan oil retail for just over £10. I would recommend Tuly Moroccan which is available on Amazon for £10.99.
Warning: Argan oil has become big business recently and there are quite a few fakes knocking about. To guarantee quality only buy argan oil that is organic, cold pressed and ECOCERT certified
Packaging : Argan oil will usually come in small tinted glass bottle, which isn’t ideal for travelling. The better brands tend to provide a pipette to help with extracting the oil from the bottle. This helps you to control the amount of the precious oil you want, without it getting messy.
Overall: The moisturising properties of argan oil is unparalleled. A small bottle(100ml) of argan oil will last you well over 3 months so, it is worth the price.
Follow us on Twitter: @TheHonestBB
Like us on Facebook: TheHonestBB
Check us out on Pinterest: TheHonestBB
Follow us on Instagram: thehonestbeautyblog